Sunday, January 24, 2010

Which way??

In the words of Miss Celie from the Color Purple, "Thank God I's here." That's kinda how I feel about finding myself BLOGGING. I thought, I'm sure to enjoy it because I've always enjoyed journaling, however, I never had to censor myself. Really telling it like it is makes journaling, liberating, makes it cathartic Journaling allows you to get out of your head but still allows you to be alone with your thoughts. This is different. While I'm obviously impressed with myself for getting here I'm left with the nagging question, "Now what?"

Should I ignore those who will view this and continue to talk to myself, or should I consider them my audience and address them? I just decided this minute...both!

Direction is pretty important on a journey, and since that is the theme of this blog its good I've determined what direction I'm going in. I think that is my lesson for today: You'll never make it to your destination if you start out going in the wrong direction. Can I get a witness? (Now there I was talking to you)

1 comment:

  1. I's here with you!!!

    Look at us. I think we'll grow to like this and then when someone who likes us, submits the fact that you and I are journey partners, best friends, blogging and on this weight loss journey and other stuff, surely they'll right into Oprah or something and then we'll be on the show. Me and my best friend Gayle, whose birthday is 2 days before Oprahs. I can see the entire show. What an experience. So that really shouldn't be our only motivation for writing and sharing our creative funny selves... but one can dream right :D Glad to see you out here.

    ReplyDelete