Sunday, January 31, 2010

Self-serve(ing)

In again. Snow has come to the DC area and so once again I'm in. I really like it when something happens like a snow day and the world slows down. The thing is, I know a lot of people that like it when the world slows down. I'm not sure how we got to the point that our world was moving at the speed of sound, but I do know that many of us wish it didn't. But because we have to have what "we" want faster, with more convenience, and we want to be in control, our world is going to forever move faster and faster. That's the path we've set ourselves on.

The thing is, so much of what we want in life, ultimately leads to unintentional consequences. God is always trying to show us that all that giltters isn't gold. But we can't tell the future, Actually, we tend to be pretty selfish and so we can't see past what we want to even bother to look into the future. Consequences are waiting for us whether we see them coming or not. Sometimes we see those consequences pretty quick. Kinda like when people who can't eat spicy foods lose their minds at a Mexican restaurant. Sometimes our actions, wants and desires have consequences that are visited on generations to come. The cheap methods of getting rid of waste for large corporations back in the day have given us a modern day model of how to corporately "getting over" and pollution we're still trying to manage, never mind reverse. I guess I want to try to, as a friend of mine says, "walk it out" to the end when I making life decisions.

Today's life lesson might be...to be self-serving serves no one, lease of all you.

No comments:

Post a Comment